We appreciate all that you do to ensure the success of your children. We cannot be a successful program without your help and support. We understand that you may disagree with some of the policies and decisions of the coaching staff. However, you will do more good for your son/daughter by being supportive than you will by being critical of the program.
Expectations of the Watauga Track Club (Athletes, Coaches, Parents, Volunteers)
1. The children are involved in the program because they want to be, not because their parents think it will be good for them.
2. Parents coaches, and children should be committed to support the program to their fullest capability.
3. All participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times, in areas of language, interaction with other team members, adults, and officials.
4. Athletes should arrive for practice promptly. Bring plenty of water to practice.
5. Attendance at practice and track meets is COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY! No attendance is required (only exception is relay participants).
6. In terms of valuables, personal items etc. please do not bring anything you could not afford to lose.
7. All coaching will be done by the coaches only. If you have any questions please ask the coach. See Coach Glenn if interested in volunteering.
8. Keep lines of communication open. If you have a question concerning the club, please ask the person in charge of that area.
9. Use these ideas as a pattern for your behavior, at all times:
•Speak for yourself; not for anybody else.
•Listen to others; then they will listen to you.
•Avoid put-downs. Who needs them?
•Take charge of yourself. You are responsible for you.
•Show respect. Every person is important.
OUR TRACK AND FIELD SEASON RUNS FROM LATE MAY TO MID JULY.CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE WATAUGA TRACK CLUB.
Established in 2006, The Watauga Track Club (WTC) is currently a member of the Texas Amateur Athletic Federation (TAAF) and the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU). The WTC is backed by the City of Watauga and is sponsored by local businesses, which allows us to provide a highly competitive track & field program at a very affordable price. The Watauga Track Club offers an opportunity for boys and girls ages 6-18 in North Fort Worth and surrounding areas to participate in the sport of track & field. We have athletes and coaches from all over the D/FW metroplex including Keller, North Richland Hills, Watauga, Haltom City, Haslet, Roanoke, Saginaw, Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Southlake, Westlake, Trophy Club and Grapevine-Colleyville.
The club's goals are to encourage and help young people develop physically, emotionally and socially through their involvement in track and field. We hope to instill into all, the honesty and integrity these young athletes are going to need in their everyday lives.
The Watauga Track Club is also a highly competitive track & field team. We are one of the only track clubs in the North Fort Worth area that offers EVERY track & field event. Through TAAF, the WTC offers regular track meets in and around the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. The athletes also have the option to compete at a regional track meet competition and a final state meet competition which is available for top qualifiers across the State of Texas.